Medical Robots are classified by their use in healthcare procedures.
Medical Robots for Surgery are remote controlled robots that can augment the capability of the health provider by providing benefits in terms of length of patient recovery, minimal invasion of the human body, and higher accuracy.
Medical Robots for Surgery are operating based on advanced imaging techniques such as MRI, CT, and Ultrasound to allow interventions to be conducted with minimal invasion.
Medical Robots for Surgery of ESI - some being developed currently - have the following key features:
- Products cover applications of surgery inside the MRI bore: Prostate, Brain, Bone, Endo-vascular
- Products are adaptable to other organs or glands
- Products are MRI-compatible for effective imaging with reduced magnetic interference
- Products have compact structure
- Products are modular to allow surgical tools for various interventions to be mounted on the robots