Custom Robots are systems integrating off-the-shelf components and custom designed and produced parts and components to provide automation in processes where human intervention is hard to come by (food), undesirable or prohibitive (nuclear), impossible (gas pipes), inaccurate (tire), repetitive and fatiguing (laboratory).
Custom Robots of ESI have the following main features:
- System modularity for quick replacement of components or sub-assemblies
- Advanced closed loop control methods
- Situational awareness
- Enhanced maneuverability over unstructured and changing environments
- Real-time user-controlled adaptability to changing environments
- Advanced Operator Control Unit with embedded graphical interface for real-time display